- Click on the link found in your service activation email (title: [HFW] Cloud Server has been created), logon using your credentials and you will access the Client Area.
- Click on "My Cloud" link.
- Please note that your virtual machine has not been created yet. Click on the icon link located at the right end of your product
You will be redirected to a page where you can view all technical info of the specific product:
1. Virtual Machine Details
- Host Name: the host name of your product.
- Template: the OS template used. You can change it from the drop-down menu.
2. Virtual Machine Settings
- Memory: the memory allocated to your virtual machine.
- CPU(s): the CPU(s) allocated to your virtual machine.
- Network Speed: the network speed for your virtual machine's usage.
- CPU Power: the CPU power allocated to your virtual machine.
- Primary disk size: the size of your main disk.
- Swap disk size: the size of your secondary (swap) disk.
- Included IP addresses: the IP addresses used.
Under these sections, there's a link: "Create Virtual Machine". Click on it to create your virtual machine.
When the virtual machine is started, the "Status" will change from "OFF" to "ON". Please note that you should retain from using the "Rebuild Virtual Machine" button within your control panel. If this button is clicked, your server will be reset causing all your data to be lost.
The screenshot above displays what your screen should look like when you are done starting your virtual machine. All the available functions are explained below:
- Startup Virtual Machine/Shut down Virtual Machine: The initial startup of your virtual machine, after startup, this link is replaced by "Shut down Virtual Machine".
- Reboot Virtual Machine: an option with which you can restart your virtual machine.
- Rebuild Virtual Machine: if you decide to rebuild your virtual machine you must know that all data will be lost! So be extra cautious!
- Virtual Machine Console: The virtual machine console is the primary interface to the virtual machine. It should be used for direct access to the operating system running on your server. When you logon to a virtual machine from a local terminal or a remote workstation, the virtual console is associated with the terminal session. The virtual console is the device an operating system views as its system or hardware console. The key assignments for your keyboard might differ from standard key assignments.
- Manage Disks: this link redirects you to the "Disks" page. This page lists the storage disks in your cloud cluster. HostForWeb Managed Cloud Servers include automatic snapshot backups and restore service. Self-Managed Cloud Servers may enable backup services for additional charge. For each disk you can view the ID, the size, the type and if it has been built.
- Manage IP Addresses: this link redirects you to the "IP Addresses" page. This page lists the IP Addresses allocated to this virtual machine. When a machine is built, these will automatically be configured. However, if they are allocated after the machine has been built, you will need to configure them yourself. Info available for each IP:
- IP Address
- Reset Root Password: When you click on this link, your root password will be automatically reset to a system generated one. You can view this password on the same page, by clicking on the "password" link located at the "Login" field.